Free things to do in Fremont County.
Please comment and share, add to the list!
1) View the Royal Gorge Bridge from the picnic area, just before the park entrance.
2) Skyline Drive is a few miles of adrenaline. View the city from great heights.
3) Gold Belt Tour takes you from Canon City to Cripple Creek. View history from your car.
4) Walk downtown Florence “a great little town with a big heart” it’s the antiques capital of Colorado.
5) Walk the river walk along theArkansas River, miles of maintained picture taking opportunity.
6) Take a dip in the Arkansas River at The Train Depot and Park
7) Watch the White Water Rafters float down the Arkansas River from the pedestrian bridge in Canon City
8.) Visit the Garden Park Fossil Area and Dinosaur Flats just north of Canon City. See where dinosaurs once walked. Very popular with mountain bikers.
9) Visit the Peabody House on Royal Gorge Boulevard. The historic property houses the Canon City Chamber of Commerce and visitors center.
10) Walk, Hike, Ride your way around Red Canyon Park, a city park near shelf rock road.
11) Look for Big Horn Sheep off of Highway 50 along the Arkansas River just West of Canon City on the way toward Salida.
12) Walk the Holy Cross Abbey and grounds. The sanctuary and accompanying rooms show how the brothers once lived in this huge building in the center of Canon City. Make sure to visit the winery!
13) Walk Tunnel Drive just West of Old Max.
14) Free Concerts! During the summer there are free concerts in the Park. Tuesday PM at Veterans Park in Canon City and Weds PM at Pioneer Park in Florence.
Contact Dena Stevens ~ Putting the ‘real’ into REALTOR since 2004!