Misery loves company
If you haven’t had a chance to read Donna Phillips post about Jim Cramer please take a minute to do so here. Most intelligent well informed real estate professionals already know attitude is 90% of our business. That isn’t a secret is it? And the N.A.R. recognizes this and is addressing it. The information below is as useful to real estate agents as it is to our clients. Maybe we should all go out and get the book The Power of Thinking Big – couldn’t hurt!
Improve your performance. From the N.A.R.
- Resolve to accept that the way things were for the past five years is not the way they are going to be again, at least for the foreseeable future.
- Resolve to believe and to remember that your expertise as a real estate professional is more valuable that ever. Commit right now to educating your clients why that is so.
- Resolve today to stop saying “Business is in the toilet” or other similar things to anyone. Misery loves company, but success attracts clients. Sure, it’s slow, but exhibit the confidence in your ability to overcome these things with the accumulated knowledge and skill you have acquired through your years in the business. Clients like positive thinkers and doers and shy away from pessimists. Furthermore, I think many of us are in a collective hysteria about the marketplace. We shouldn’t be because the marketplace lost touch with reality and an adjustment is and was in order.
- Resolve to becoming an internet marketer because that is one segment of the marketplace that is still bustling and is likely to remain so.
- Remember that interesting times’ are loaded with opportunists that a smart and nimble broker or agent can exploit: Resolve to stop doing things the same old way!