Sellers Can Help Attract Buyers, if you are selling or thinking about selling your
Canon City, Florence or any Southern Colorado property here are some things to think about.
1) Ask your agent to have a mortgage lender (or 2-3) prepare information sheets on what the possible price per month will be on your property. This will only be an estimate, but it will give a potential buyer an idea of what to expect in payments.
2) Buyers fear the foreclosure market. What if the bank that foreclosed was wrong? Can the original owners come back? If your property isn’t in short sale or foreclosure tell buyers and offer a general warranty on the title.
3) Buyers know there might be a better property around the corner or coming up soon. So sellers need to make sure that their property is in tip-top shape. Get a pre-inspection by a qualified home inspector and leave the report out so potential buyers can see it. If the inspection and receipts for repairs are visible you may settle buyers fears.
4) Buyers are waiting for the ‘bottom’ of the market. Sellers can attract buyers by sharing what recent home sales in the area have done. If they have held steady or gone up tell buyers about it!
5)Employment worries buyers. Sellers can share local employment opportunities in the area. And the sellers agent can share sellers listing information with employers.
6) Sellers need to be practically and price their property to sell. Don’t try to game the buyers. Buyers are more educated than ever and if sellers are playing games buyers will know it.
Contact Dena Stevens about buying and selling property around Southern Colorado.