Selling Your House During the Winter Months
- Turn the lights on and open the drapes and blinds. Lights help make a space not only more inviting but makes them look bigger. Safety first, turn on outdoor lights as well.
- Control the smells, a challenge year around. In the winter it’s hard to open the windows to allow the smells to dissipate.
- Encourage daylight showings. This should be obvious enough. When the sun is out it’s safer, you can see more and it encourages potential buyers to look everywhere including the yard.
- Don’t overheat the house. Visitors will be coming in usually quickly and will be wearing coats.
- Control the seasonal clothing, even in a mud room. Do your best to get coats and boots out of the way.
- Decorate the house but don’t go overboard. You’re selling your house not your decorations. Stay festive but don’t overkill.
- Sweep the walks and try to make it easy and convenient to get into the property. If buyers have to manage snow drafts they may not make the effort.
- If you are in a condo complex or the like make sure the commons areas look as nice as possible as well. This is probably your buyers first impression of your property.
Originally posted : Dec 7, 2011
Please contact Dena Stevens (719) 369-9087 today to buy or sell your Fremont County, Canon City, Florence, Penrose property.