If you are trying to sell your property no doubt you know it’s a tough market out there. For your sake as well as the buyers think safety. Both you and your potential buyers should know the property is safe and secure. Here are just a few suggestions to check if the house is safe for visitors and potential buyers.
- Fix any broken door knobs, locks or latches, locate all the keys
- Put timers or motion detectors on exterior lights
- Use timers on interior lights in dark rooms and corners
- Have the property pre-inspected or move in certified
- Trim bushes and trees, clear any branches near door ways or windows
- Remove any “trip ‘n falls” such as throw rugs, extension chords, step stools
- Secure or tighten loose handrails and banisters
- Replace any broken glass in windows and doors
- Make the house numbers large enough to seen from the street
- Put away all medications, bills and any personal information
- Don’t leave out any jewelry, money or other valuables
- Secure pets in fenced yard or kennel
- Are there smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for the entire house?
- Are fire extinguishers easily accessible?
- Blind and curtain cords are pinned up
- Heavy bookshelves, TV’s & stereo equipment are all secure from falling
- Sharp objects like knives and scissors are put out of sight
- Cleaning products, poisons, matches and lighters are put out of reach of small children
- Secure loose steps and walkway paths
If you have suggestions to add please leave them in the comments below.
For a no obligation preview of your property call Dena Stevens (719) 369-9087 I’ll walk around your Fremont County, Canon City, Penrose, Florence house with you and make suggestions to help your house sell quickly!