A few tips to help get your property sold! Follow these simple steps and help problems and buyer objections later.
1) Reduce your clutter. If you are not using it get rid of it, donate it, recycle it but get it gone! This includes ½ the stuff in closets and cabinets.
2) Clean. This means all the attachments on the vacuum cleaner, a big bucket of hot water,floor to ceiling cleaning.
3) Paint! Fresh paint is inexpensive and a great way to spruce the place up. It also helps deodorize smoke. A house that has been smoked in will take 4 times as long to sell.
4) Make minor repairs. That stuff you know needs to be fixed will just turn off a potential buyer. By the time they make an offer that little thing may end up looking like a bunch of money on a home inspection report.
5) Fix or repair a leaky roof. From experience I’ll tell you not fixing a roof can / will cost you a lot of money down the road.
6) Replace outdated light fixtures. New light fixtures can “update” a house for relatively little money.
7) Depersonalize. You’ve heard this before and it’s true. Take down the finger painted pictures on the fridge, the awards on a trophy shelf and anything else that reflects the sellers personal hobbies.
8.) Organize the kitchen. This means put away 99% of the stuff sitting out. Nobody is going to be impressed with your personalized coffee mugs or toaster.
9) Update the bathroom. Most people regard a bathroom as a necessity. A little updating can help get you closer to asking price.
10) CURB appeal! If they don’t like what they see from the street they may keep going to the property down the street. Clean it up, rake it up, paint it up, cute it up!
Contact Dena Stevens (719) 369-9087 to purchase or sell your Fremont County Property.